2022 Young Artists Auditions
The Huntsville Symphony Orchestra (HSO) Young Artists Auditions provide an opportunity to perform in a public forum and give recognition to dedicated young musicians for their talent and accomplishments. In addition, an opportunity to perform as a soloist with the HSO may be awarded.
Changes due to COVID-19
- YAA winner(s) will NOT perform at the 2022 Young People’s Concert.
- YAA winner(s) may be awarded the opportunity to perform at an HSO sponsored program.
All entrants must submit an audition recording as well as a completed online application via Acceptd. The applicant, parent/guardian, and music teacher must read, agree to, and abide by all rules and guidelines in order to participate in this competition.
- Contestants may choose any competitive piece from their repertoire that is no longer than 10 minutes.
- Top 3 Winners will receive a cash prize.
- Music teachers of YAA contestants must contact the HSO Director of Education at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a brief orientation via conference call, in person, via Zoom or phone call in order for their student’s submission to be considered.
Accepting YAA applications September 15, 2021, through December 6, 2021. An application fee of $30 is due at the time of submission. If the applicant is chosen to advance to the Recital round, an additional $50 will be due via Acceptd by January 5, 2022.
The application fee is $30 and the deadline is December 6, 2021.
Dates to Remember
|Registration Due:||Monday, December 6, 2021|
|Contestant Status Notification:||Monday, December 20, 2021|
|Final Round Fee ($50):||Wednesday, January 5, 2021|
|Young Artists Auditions Final Recital:||Saturday, January 23, 2022, at 2:00 pm – Roberts Recital Hall, UAH|
Application Via Acceptd
Please address any inquiries to Sharon Hicks, HSO Director of Education at email@example.com | (256) 539-4818
For technical questions, please check out our Acceptd Applicant Support Help Desk.